Tour the most famous sites on Luxor’s West Bank in the company of an expert private guide. You’ll step back into Egypt’s ancient history at the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple, marvel at the private lives of the Nobles on this private tour from Luxor. As this is a private tour, you can determine the amount of time you’d like to spend at each site.
- Private tour of West Bank attractions from Luxor, approximately 2-5 hours depending on you and your party
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this special private tour
- Morning tour to avoid the afternoon desert heat
- Necropolis of ancient Thebes
- Valley of the Kings with visits of 3 tombs
- Temple of Hatshepsut with free time to explore
- Tombs of the Nobles with their everyday scenes
- Lunch included
- Pick-up and drop-off from central Luxor hotels or port
Crossing the Nile River to the West Bank, you’ll visit the necropolis of the ancient city of Thebes. Arriving at the Valley of the Kings, burial place of the kings of Thebes (ancient Luxor), you will have a brief stop at the visitors center. Guides are not permitted inside the tombs, but your guide will tell you what to look for inside the elaborately decorated rooms. If you wish to visit the tomb of King Tutankhamun or Ramses VI, an additional cost is payable direct.
Leaving the hot sands of the Valley of the Kings, you will visit the Temple of Hatshepsut, one of the most striking monuments in Egypt. Your guide will introduce you to the history of the temple and the story of Queen Hatshepsut, the famous female ruler of Egypt who portrayed herself as a man to hold the throne. There is free time to explore at your leisure as you wander the large courtyards and admire the intricate hieroglyphic decorations.
Next door you will visit the Valley of the Nobles exploring these unique and evocative tombs. Children especially enjoy these quieter places with their easy to understand scenes.
There will be time for a brief photo stop at the Colossi of Memnon, which mark the site of the funerary temple of Amenhotep III. These two giant statues standing tall and proud on the West Bank are all that remain of the ancient complex.
In addition you will have the chance to visit an alabaster factory or papyrus institute and purchase genuine items if you wish. This is not an obligatory stop just let the guide know your preference.
Before returning to Luxor enjoy lunch in our restaurant, vegetarian options available.
Other sites are available and we can advise you what might suit you.
Departure Point: Directly from your flat of from the Luxor Port
Departure Time: Varies depending on the heat during the day. Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on confirmation.
Duration:4 hours (approx.)
Return details:Returns to original departure point
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the tomb of Tutankhamun (approx. EGP100.00)
- Entrance to the tomb of Ramses VI (approx. EGP50.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Student Rates apply on production of an International Student Card
To book this tour, visit our booking page and choose tour, then let us know the details for your party.